About the run
Mom… today we are running and walking in honour of you! “Mother’s day is a Celebration Honoring the Mother of the Family, as well as Motherhood, Maternal Bonds, and the influence of Mothers in Society. It is a day which makes people remember the importance and significance of Mothers in their lives and is observed as a day to give special emphasis to the Mothers of the World!
Celebrate Mom and join us for a 2km/5km/10km virtual run on May 9, celebrate the special ladies in our lives.
Team Family Captains
- Team Family nominates a “Captain”.
Team Family Captain liaise with Team Family regarding the Team Family participants
- Team Family Captain submit Team Family Entry on link
- Captain makes payment for Team Family (No entry fee for Mom). Captain to ensure that correct information has been submitted which will assist the Event Administrators with accurate distribution of Team Family Entry Pack and wording on Certificate.
- Captain will include Mom’s details such as her name, surname, email address, mobile number and t-shirt size
- Captain will liaise and finalise with Team Family all the following exciting elements :
- Where they want to Start/Finish
- Who is holding the finish line banner
- Appoint a family member(s) as photographer(s) and forward pictures to our FB page
- Be creative and insure that this special event and day is shared with the rest of South Africa which could end up by winning one of the Special Give-A-Ways
The events will be produced by Sportsvendo, the company behind the phenomenally successful Justice League Run Series and The Color Run in South Africa over the last 7 years. Sportsvendo, a 30-year Sport & Event Marketing company, was established in 1991 when South Africa was readmitted to the International Sport Arena.
The team prides itself on providing fresh ideas and resources to implement successful events no matter the location. Sportsvendo believes a Mother’s Day Event should be about celebrating the amazing women in our lives as well as health, happiness and an unforgettable experience for each and every participant.
When do entries open?
Entries are open right now, 1 March 2021!
Is there a limit/cap on the number of entries?
What is included in the Team Entry Pack
All entries receive:
- Collectors Gold Medal for Mom
- Silver medals for all Team Family entrants
- Designer T-shirt for Mom
- Customisable Finish Line banner… better let mom come first!
- Personalised Mother’s Day certificate. Certificates will be e-mailed to Family Team Captain within 3 days after entry confirmation, to ensure Team Families to prepare Certificate for presentation to Mom
* SMS/Whatsapp & Virtual Flowers e-mail to kick off the event and Mothers Day
Can all ages participate?
Everyone is welcome to celebrate and bring honor to Mom joining in the fun.
How do I know if I’m registered?
If you purchased online via www.Tixsa.co.za you will receive an email and tickets (confirmation) within 10 minutes of on-screen confirmation. Please check your spam and junk folders. If you used a Gmail account to register, please check under the “promotions” tab as they sometimes sneak in there.
If you purchased via bank deposit then tickets will be sent to the email address listed on the application within 7 working days. Please ensure that email and contact details are clearly written to save delays.
If you have any ticketing issues then please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Can I run/walk with my dog, stroller/jogger?
Everyone is welcome welcome! Please do adhere to all regulations regarding safe physical distancing for your own safety and those of others.
Can someone pick my Team Family Entry Pack up for me?
No need as they will be delivered to The Team Family Captain’s door! Yes, we’re good like that!
I don’t have a South African ID number; how do I book?
You can use your passport number or drivers license number. If you have any booking problems then please contact our ticking partner on email@example.com.
What time does the Run for Mom Runs start?
7am on the dot, with some fun warmups before the start, stay tuned to our social media pages for full details as we build up the actual day.
Can I run/walk only on Sunday 9 May
Everyone to start at 7am on Sunday Morning 9 May, Mother’s Day, but if not able to to participate on Sunday you are welcome to fire up the team for Saturday 8 May.
Is there a course time limit?
How do the Family Team Captain the Team Family Entry Pack?
No need as they will be delivered to your door! Yes, we’re good like that.
Please note each individual event details for the courier delivery information. If you enter before the stipulated date, you are guaranteed to receive your Team Family Entry pack before the day of the event.
What is your bad weather policy?
Run for Mum will take place rain or shine. Bad weather never stopped when weather or other physical conditions present a danger to participants, we maintain the right to cancel the run.
Is the run/walk timed?
This isn’t a timed event. Sometimes the journey is better than the ticking clock so take the time to truly celebrate being back on the road and breathing some fresh air. Please do stay within the government regulated time brackets for exercising outside of your personal property.
Do you allow refunds?
All entries are final, there will be no refunds or deferrals.
Are there awards?
Keep an eye out on our social media pages for amazing competitions and of course your own awards ceremony at home post-race.
For a full set of terms and conditions regarding the RUN FOR MOM event, website and associated elements please contact us: